Friday, April 14, 2017

The shotgun

The domestic violence order of protection  (dvop) was clear.  KR was to turn in all his firearms while the dvop was in effect.  I returned to our home to try to recover my children and my things (that story of destruction another time) with a judges order for KR to be gone from the home. What I found when I arrived, was a shotgun laying out in plain sight.  It scared me, and I immediately called the police. (Our home was 3 hours away from where I had fled too). They came and took custody of the gun and wrote a report. But like most violations of dvops, no arrest was made.  My mom's cousin was with me, and she is my mothers age. Several hours later, when I returned to my parents home, the local police showed up at their door. They said that KR had called and made a report that an older woman who had been with me, called him and told him that I had taken his shotgun, loaded it and was going to kill my 3 children and myself.  I explained to the officer what had gone on that day, the name of the officer/city where I had been, and he went off to make some calls. Obviously,  KR had at some point, seen who was with me, but had not seen the police arrive and remove the gun. After the officer confirmed my story, he left. A few days later,  I ordered a copy of the report from the initial officer, who took custody of the weapon. The report stated that the shotgun was loaded with 4 shells. KR had loaded the weapon, and then hoped I would panic and take it, attempting to set me up as homicidal and suicidal.  This is one way a narcissitic batterer attempts revenge, when their victim leaves.

No comments: