Saturday, April 15, 2017

Going to hell

It's been years since we divorced. You would think the abuse would be old news, in the past, a distant memory. But now days, KR uses the court system to be financially, emotionally and psychologically abusive. But even worse, he hurts our children.  Mostly, he straight up lies to the kids to try to paint a picture of me and my family that is twisted and sick.  He also taked pieces of truth and manipulates it into something unrecongizable. Sometimes, he just says things to be hurtful, that have no meaning what so ever. He wants to control the kids,  make them hate my family, my husband, but most of all me.  It hasn't worked. But it makes the kids sad, and causes anxiety, depression and confusion.  And it breaks my heart for them.  Here is just one story, told in coversation.

Kids: Mom, are you going to hell?
Me: No, of course not, why would you think that?
Kids: Dad said you got your tubes fixed to not have anymore babies, and that because you did that,  God hates you and you will go to hell.
Me: Yes, I got my tubes tied, it is a surgery, that makes it so I can't have any more babies, but God doesn't hate me for it. God knows that it wasn't safe for me to have anymore kids,  and God loves me very much.  I am not going to hell, you don't have to worry.
Kids: Well, dad says that you are sinning against God because you won't have more babies for him. Are you sure you aren't going to hell? ( sounding really worried)
Mom:  I believe in Jesus, and I love him, and he knows my heart.  I know I am going to heaven, And you don't have to worry about it anymore guys.  Your dad doesn't isn't my judge, Jesus is, ok?
Kids: Ok, you are right mom. Thanks.





No comments: