Friday, November 26, 2010

Chains

The chains you wrapped around me,
Are broken completely.
I do not give power to the words brought forth from your mouth,
They are meaningless.
I will not fear your presence and I will no longer look over my shoulder,
YOU are the coward.
I am not what you made me believe I had become
I am strength, love and hope.
I do not care to dwell in the misery you have caused me,
It has taught me to grow.
Your anger and hate will not steal another moment from me
I have forgiven.
The bitterness you laid upon my heart, my soul, my life..... just ashes
The wind has carried it away
Our past will not haunt me nor make me shed a tear
I will smile, I will laugh, I will live, I will love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

This is beautiful. Did you write this?

Love ya,

Casey